Gokada is one of the leading technology startups in Nigeria, and has the potential to become one of the most impactful companies in all of Africa. The company operates the leading “superapp” on-demand multi-service platform in Africa’s largest economy, Nigeria, and Gokada’s services include delivery, ride-hailing, and other verticals. Similar to how more mature international peers such as Gojek, Grab, and Pathao evolved, Gokada is growing very rapidly and has attracted a strong roster of local and international VC backers.
The Head of Growth will be focused on growing the company by employing marketing, product, and sales tactics. We seek an innovative individual who will be responsible for coordinating the plans of various departments including product development, marketing, and sales. This individual will be in charge of looking for areas of deficiency, which are opportunities for growth, and improving the growth metrics.
The Head of Growth role is a key member of the senior management team and s/he will report directly to the head of the company, figuring out exactly how to drive business development, revenue, and profit to achieve the company’s ambitious goals.
- Craft strategies for all Marketing teams, including Digital, Advertising, Communications and Creative
- Execute winning sales and business development strategies for the business in the Private Sector in order to drive sales and boost revenue.
- Drive, report and monitor performance against set targets. Identify and implement tactical measures to increase target sales across assigned segments of the Health Private Sector.
- Develop and deliver proposals and presentations to new and existing customers towards creating
- new business opportunities that will boost company revenue; presenting the product clearly and convincingly to stakeholders, overcoming objections and closing sales.
- Work with the Marketing team and other unit members to craft winning pitches that presents
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share
- Work with designed guidelines and framework for capturing the customer’s requirement to ensure that the appropriate solution for the customer is consistently presented.
- Close the deal. Deploy various selling and negotiation strategies to ensure that the deal is closed with a win-win for the business and the customer.
- Gather information on market trends and data to aid the team’s development of growth strategies.
- Manage team performance and development; mentor and coach reports to ensure performance in the team is sustained.
- Coordinate sales and marketing efforts to boost brand awareness
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of company objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, MBA preferred
- Resilient and result driven, with great prospecting skills. Proven ability in developing strong relationships and partnerships with customers and relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively with an innovative mindset that is constantly looking for ways to improve things.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative and flexible work style.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- A very good communicator. Strong presentation, listening, written and verbal skills.
- Proven ability to lead and drive a highly motivated and performance driven sales workforce for
- Digitally savvy and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and work productivity tools
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage budgets.
- Professional and proactive work ethic.
- High competence in project and stakeholder management.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.